Thank you! We've had over 5,000 applications!
Round 2 now underway
Thank you to everyone who applied! We were thrilled and flattered to receive over 5,000 initial applications, ran a brilliantly creative round 1 (gin reviews on social media), and have now whittled it down to just 32 lucky Round 2 applicants. Below are the details of the next round. Successful candidates from this round will get through to a final round, where we hope to do all sorts of fun things, including a visit to a distillery and of course more Gin tasting! Good luck!
The Video Round
Here’s where we get the chance to find out a little more about you, and your creativity, passion, and what GINspires you.
Round 2 is a creative video task. We’re deliberately keeping the brief vague to see what you do, but here are a few things to keep in mind when planning what to submit.
TASK: Create a video to show us why we should hire you as our Gintern.
- Video must be under 3 minutes long
- (soft limit. we won’t penalise you if you run over a little bit, but we tend to think shorter is better for video content.)
- You must appear on camera for the majority of the video – we want to get a sense of who you are!
- The style and content of the video are up to you. It could be a simple video application where you talk to camera about why we should hire you, a 3-part play telling the story of your love for gin, or anything in between.
- We will not judge submissions on the quality of production or editing, so don’t worry if your submission is filmed on a phone or webcam. Just be creative to make it stand out!
What we’re looking for:
- You have a passion for gin, tonics, and mixers.
- You already have good knowledge of the world of gin (and mixers).
- Your creativity.
- You would be a good ambassador for our company and brand when meeting producers.
- Someone who is going to help us find excellent gins and mixers, promote our products, and help us grow the company!
You have until the end of March to create and submit your video. Good luck!
When you submit the video, we will also ask you a few short questions about how you would interact with gin producers when we send you on a distillery visit. These shouldn’t take more than 15-20 minutes to complete.
Round 2 is open only to the 32 successful applicants we have already contacted. If you haven’t heard back from us about your round 1 (social media gin review) entry, I’m afraid we have not invited you to complete round 2.
The ideal candidate
You must be:
- Over 18 years of age
- Live in the UK
- Hold a driving license
- Someone who loves gin!
- Know a good G&T when you taste one
We’d love you to:
- be a MASSIVE gin lover
- love meeting and impressing new people
- have excellent written and spoken English
- love traveling
- be friendly, enthusiastic and sociable
What you get:
- Competitive intern salary (pro-rated)
- Set your own hours/work part time.
- Lots of free gin
- Opportunity to travel
- Chance to join a fast growing company
- More Free G&Ts!
Applications are now closed – see above for details of the next rounds.
We expect to ask our Gintern to start in April-May 2017, but can be flexible. Due to overwhelming demand, we won’t be able to reply to all applicants. Sorry, but good luck!
APPLY TO BE OUR GINTERN!
We are ILoveGin, a monthly Gin & Tonic club helping people discover their new favourite craft gins as well as the perfect tonic/mixers. We’re looking for an enthusiastic gin-loving intern (‘Gintern’ as we like it call it) who will be happy to spend their days trying new gins, new mixers, finding new brands to work with, visiting distilleries, pairing gins and “ginspiring” us with their new-found knowledge.
The gintern will get to travel around the UK and parts of Europe discovering new gins to work with and of course sampling them! The role is flexible so you can work from home but you will need to travel, one day you might be up in Edinburgh tasting a new craft gin, the next going to a launch event in London for a new tonic water. Be sure to check out our gin club and our gin gifts to get an idea of what we do.
It’s the opportunity of a lifetime for gin drinkers…
Fancy having a job which involves tasting new gins, traveling to chat with new drink companies, working out the best pairing of a particular gin with a particular tonic and ultimately enjoying free G&Ts ?
Here at ILoveGin.com we’re looking for a ‘Gintern’ as we like to call it, they’ll be responsible for trying out new gins, giving us feedback on pairings, discovering new brands to work with, contributing to our blog, sharing the gin love on our social platforms and traveling around the country and a trip or two into other countries in the name of ginspiration and exploration!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
- People with a passion for gin! You must love it and be the type of person who has an array of gins at home and get super excited when you go to a bar and spot a gin you’ve not tried before
- Love a good tweet, Instagram post or Facebook status. We’re a fun and sociable company and we’ve got tens of thousands of fans who want to hear about everything gin related
- Creative people, those who can think a little outside the box and come up with new ideas
- Friendly, we want the task of meeting new suppliers/brands to be something you are excited about and enjoy
- Love to go to new places and meet new people, as you’ll often be visiting distilleries, new companies and gin events
YOU MUST BE…
- 18 years or older
- Live in the UK
- Have excellent written and spoken English
- Happy to travel around the country and happy to work from home
- Willing to sample some AMAZING GINS and TONICS
- This is not a full time position, you will be required to work approx 2 days per week
- Typically you’ll be visiting 1-2 new gin companies each week
- The rest of the time you’ll be able to work remotely from home (a coffee shop or wherever you wish)
- You’ll be required to come to our West London office at least once a month (typically twice a month)
- Competitive pay (up to £20,000 pa, pro-rated)
- You’ll receive our monthly Gin & Tonic box every month for free!
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are now closed! See above for details of the next rounds.
Due to overwhelming demand, we won’t be able to reply to all applicants. Sorry, but good luck!
Not sure the job is for you but still LOVE gin?! Check out our monthly Gin club