Blood Orange Gin & Chocolate Cheesecake
If you love chocolate orange… you will LOVE this cheesecake. NO-BAKE and delicious with J.J. Whitley Blood Orange Gin!
As it’s Blood Orange season, I thought I would make a lovely chocolate orange cheesecake! I decided to use dark chocolate, however I think if you like your chocolate a little sweeter… milk will work nicely too! Enjoy….
NO-BAKE Blood Orange Gin & Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
180g Digestive Biscuits
75g Unsalted Butter
200g Good quality Chocolate (dark or milk)
300g Full Fat Cream Cheese
300ml Double Cream
1-2 Blood Oranges (zest and juice from half of one)
30-50ml GIN (We recommend J.J Whitley Blood Orange for this recipe!)
1. For the base, blitz the biscuits in a food processor. Add the melted butter and process again until the mixture is combined. If you don’t have a food processor you can put the biscuits into a bag, crush with a rolling pin, then stir the melted butter into the mixture.
2. Press the biscuit mixture into the springform cake tin (use the back of a spoon). Pop this into the fridge while you make the cheesecake filling.
3. Break the chocolate up into a heatproof bowl. Fill a saucepan with a small amount of water, and simmer. Sit the bowl of chocolate on top, but make sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Melt the chocolate gently, stirring occasionally. Once smooth, let the chocolate cool down to room temperature for 10 mins.
3. Beat the cream cheese in a bowl until it is soft. Finely grate in the orange zest (1-2 depending on how orangey you like it). Add the juice. Gently fold in the slightly cooled, melted chocolate and stir until smooth.
5. Whisk the cream so it is thickened and this is when you add the gin!
(I used about 50ml but feel free to add a little less)
6. Fold chocolate mixture into the cream in two batches. It should be a thick, smooth mix which you can now add on top of your biscuit base. Smooth with a spoon and refrigerate overnight (or as long as possible to set…4 hours should be minimum).
To see how easy it really is, check out my video below!
Want to give J.J. Whitley Blood Orange Gin a try? We have it in January’s box!
Why not join the ILoveGin club where we send you a new box like the ones below for just £14/m inc free delivery, you’ll get 2 new gins and 2 tonic/mixers each month to try, enough to make 4 G&Ts plus discounts on full size bottles.
Limited Time Offer: Get your first box for just £9 including delivery, that’s £9 for 4 x G&Ts, use code: GINBLOG5OFF at checkout at ILoveGin.com/join