Gin Lemon Curd for Hot Cross Buns!
I’m just going to get straight to the recipe. You can also see how easy it is in my video below. Enjoy and Happy Easter!
Masons Tea Gin Lemon Curd
- 2 unwaxed lemons (zest and juice)
- 50g unsalted butter
- 100g golden caster sugar
- Masons Gin Tea Edition (50ml or more if you fancy)
- 2 free range eggs – beaten
- Hot Cross Buns
- Combine the lemon zest, butter, sugar and juice in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until the butter has melted.
- Stir in your gin. I used 50ml but you can use more if you like!
- Slowly whisk in the beaten egg. Do this gently and make sure the heat is low (otherwise you will scramble your eggs!). This should take around 10 mins until thickened like custard.
- Pass the cooked curd through a sieve to remove the zest, then pour into a sterilised jar. The Lemon Curd will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (but probably won’t last that long!).
- Spread on toasted Hot Cross Buns…delicious!
Want to give Masons Gin a try? It’s in this months box!
Then why not join the ILoveGin club where we send you a new box like the ones below for just £14/m inc free delivery, you’ll get 2 new gins and 2 tonic/mixers each month to try, enough to make 4 G&Ts plus discounts on full size bottles.
Limited Time Offer: Get your first box for just £9 including delivery, that’s £9 for 4 x G&Ts, use code: GINBLOG5OFF at checkout at ILoveGin.com/join