GIN, Orange & Ginger Ice-Cream!
As it’s Father’s Day this weekend, I wanted to create a recipe that my own Dad would love. Also as Thomas Dakin was the ‘founding father of gin’, this ice-cream couldn’t be more perfect! Orange and ginger is beautiful with Thomas Dakin gin and with such an easy and quick recipe…this adults only ice-cream is very special!
GIN Ice-Cream Recipe
- 100ml cup water
- 100g granulated sugar
- Peel of half a large orange
- 3 slices of root ginger
- 200ml double cream
- 6 tablespoons icing sugar
- 50ml orange juice
- 50ml Thomas Dakin gin
- 1-2 balls of stem ginger – chopped
- Make the syrup by gently heating the water and sugar together, until dissolved. Add the orange peel and root ginger.
- Take off the heat and leave the syrup until fully cool.
- Whisk the double cream in a large bowl until it thickens.
- Slowly whisk in icing sugar.
- Add your orange juice and GIN.
- Strain your syrup and add about 70ml to your mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Finally, stir in chopped stem ginger.
- Pour the mixture into a container with a tight lid and freeze overnight.
Serve with finely grated orange peel and enjoy!
Check out my video below to show you how easy it really is!
Want to give Thomas Dakin a try? It’s in this months box!
Why not join the ILoveGin club where we send you a new box like the ones below for just £14/m inc free delivery, you’ll get 2 new gins and 2 tonic/mixers each month to try, enough to make 4 G&Ts plus discounts on full size bottles.
Limited Time Offer: Get your first box for just £9 including delivery, that’s £9 for 4 x G&Ts, use code: GINBLOG5OFF at checkout at ILoveGin.com/join