Gin & Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
I love a retro bake, especially when it is jazzed up with gin! This classic pineapple upside-down cake with added Jawbox Pineapple & Ginger Liqueur will bring a smile to everyones faces!
I topped the cake with grated stem ginger which was delicious. Next time I think I will add extra ginger to the cake mixture too!
Gin & Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Recipe
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g light soft brown sugar
- 6 pineapple rings in syrup, drained
(save a little syrup)
- 1 stem ginger ball – grated (optional)
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 100g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Free Range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- GIN (we recommend
Jawbox Pineapple & Ginger Liqueur)
- Pre heat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Start with the top (which will be on the bottom!). Cream together 50g softened butter and 50g light soft brown sugar. Spread over the bottom and half the sides of a 20cm round cake tin. Place about 6 pineapple rings on top (saving some syrup for later).
- Mix together butter and golden caster sugar. Add the self-raising flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and 2 eggs in a bowl. To loosen the mixture add 1 tbsp of the pineapple juice and 20ml Jawbox Pineapple & Ginger Liqueur. Beat together until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the pineapple rings and smooth with the back of a spoon. Place the tin on-top of an oven tray, and bake for around 30 -35 minutes.
- Leave to stand for a few mins, then turn out onto a board or plate. Grate your stem ginger on top if you like it and pour a little more gin liqueur on top (it soaks into the cake!).
- Enjoy! It’s lovely warm with a little bit of vanilla ice-cream.
Check out the video recipe below
Want to give Jawbox gin a go? We have two from the range in this months box!
Join the ILoveGin club where we send you a new box like the one below for just £14/m inc free delivery, you’ll get 2 new gins and 2 tonic/mixers each month to try, enough to make 4 G&Ts plus discounts on full size bottles.
Limited Time Offer: Get your first box for just £9 including delivery, that’s £9 for 4 x G&Ts, use code: GINBLOG5OFF at checkout at ILoveGin.com/join
in Gintern / Recipes / Uncategorized 0 comments