Ginger Gin Fizz Cocktail
A Gin Fizz (or a Silver Fizz with an egg white) is very versatile cocktail. Try it with Jawbox Gin which goes perfectly with ginger. We made our own ginger syrup, which is super easy too!
This cocktail is great if you are having friends over as you can prep the syrup in advance. In fact, the longer you leave the ginger steeping in the syrup…the better! Let the syrup cool and transfer to a jar/bottle/or jug perhaps if using straight away! If in a sealed bottle, you can store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
If you would like to make the cocktail without an egg white, that’s absolutely fine too! However the egg white will create a smooth foam which gives the drink a delicious silky texture.
Ginger Gin Fizz Recipe
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Root Ginger (about 25g sliced)
- Heat the water in a saucepan over medium-low heat until hot (do not bring to a boil).
- Stir in the sugar until fully dissolved.
- Add your ginger and stir again, simmer for about 5-10 mins on a low heat.
- Let the syrup cool and transfer to a jar/bottle/or jug perhaps if using straight away! The longer you leave the root ginger pieces steeping.. the the better it tastes!
- If in a sealed bottle, you can store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- 50ml Gin (we recommend Jawbox Gin for this recipe)
- 25ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 15ml Ginger Syrup
- 1 Free Range Egg White
- Soda water (enough to top up the glass and make it fizz)
- Lime peel and a little root ginger to garnish
- Add the gin, lime, ginger syrup and egg white in a cocktail shaker. Dry shake first without any ice (this will help the egg white to have a silky smooth texture).
- Add ice to the shaker and shake again.
- Pour into an ice filled glass, top with a little soda water and garnish if you like.
Check out the video below to see how easy it is!
Want to give Jawbox gin a go? We have two from the range in this months box!
Join the ILoveGin club where we send you a new box like the one below for just £14/m inc free delivery, you’ll get 2 new gins and 2 tonic/mixers each month to try, enough to make 4 G&Ts plus discounts on full size bottles.
Limited Time Offer: Get your first box for just £9 including delivery, that’s £9 for 4 x G&Ts, use code: GINBLOG5OFF at checkout at ILoveGin.com/join