Gooseberry Gin & Apple Trifles! 😋
Who doesn’t like a trifle, especially with gin in?! This one is super quick and delicious too!
I wanted to jazz up a trifle and the flavours in this one work really well together! Ginger biscuits, green apples, elderflower, custard, cream and of course Slingsby Gooseberry Gin! I found that adding some tonic water to the apple gave it a lovely flavour too. The portion sizes I did were a bit too filling, so feel free to use smaller glasses! The recipe should serve 4 (not 2 like I did!) 😂
Gooseberry Gin & Apple Trifles Recipe
1. Put the chopped apples in a saucepan with lime juice, 2 tbsp sugar and tonic water (I don’t peel the apples).
2. Simmer for about 8-10 minutes, until the apples have softened… but not completely sauce-like. Remove from the heat and stir in 1-2 tbsp elderflower cordial (according to your taste). Set aside to cool.
3. Whisk the cream with about 30ml of the Gooseberry Gin. It will taste strong when trying this on it’s own!
3. Crush the ginger nuts to coarse crumbs. Divide half the biscuits between 4 glasses. Top with half of the cooled apples. You can add a splash more gin on top of the apples at this point! 😉
4. Divide the custard between the glasses, then top with more ginger crumbs (leaving a few to sprinkle on the top), followed by the remaining apple.
5. Divide the whipped cream topping between the trifles, scattering the remaining crushed ginger nuts over the top. Garnish with a fan of green apple if you fancy!
6. Chill for an hour in the fridge (if you can wait that long!)
To see how easy it really is, check out my video below…
Want to give Slingsby Gooseberry Gin & Yorkshire Tonic a try? We have them in this month’s box!
Then why not join the ILoveGin club where we send you a new box like the ones below for just £14/m inc free delivery, you’ll get 2 new gins and 2 tonic/mixers each month to try, enough to make 4 G&Ts plus discounts on full size bottles.
Limited Time Offer: Get your first box for just £9 including delivery, that’s £9 for 4 x G&Ts, use code: GINBLOG5OFF at checkout at ILoveGin.com/join