Marmalade Gin Mince Pies!
You can’t go wrong with adding a bit of gin to your mincemeat, and Aber Falls Marmalade Gin is even better! Father Christmas is going to love you for leaving these out on Christmas Eve!
I have always added a splash of brandy with some orange zest, however I think these are even better! Enjoy and have a very Merry Christmas!
Marmalade Gin Mince Pies Recipe
- 1 Jar of Mincemeat
- 25ml Gin (we recommend
Aber Falls Marmalade Gin)
For the Pastry
- 200g plain flour
- 145g unsalted butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 large free range egg (and a little more for the glaze)
- tsp orange zest
- Icing sugar for sprinkling
This recipe should make 12 mince pies!
- Place the plain flour, unsalted butter in a food mixer and whizz until it looks like breadcrumbs (of course you can also place in a bowl and rub together) Add the sugar and whizz a little more.
- Whisk the egg mixed with orange zest and slowly add to the mixture. It will soon start to stick together.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and fold the mixture into a ball (don’t over mix though)
- Wrap the pastry in cling film and chill in the fridge for 10 mins.
- Spoon the mincemeat into a bowl and add your gin…then mix in well.
- Heat your oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Roll out the pastry and use a large round cutter to cut out the bottoms and place them into a muffin tray.
- Fill with the mincemeat mixture and brush the edge of each pie with a little beaten egg.
- Re-roll out the pastry to cut out the slightly smaller lids and press them on top. Glaze with the beaten egg.
- Bake the mince pies for 15-20 mins until nicely golden brown. Leave to cool a little before releasing them from the muffin tray. Dust with icing sugar and enjoy!
To see how easy this recipe really is check out the video below!
Want to give Aber Falls Orange Marmalade Gin a try? It’s in this month’s box!
Join the ILoveGin club where we send you a new box like the one below for just £14/m inc free delivery, you’ll get 2 new gins and 2 tonic/mixers each month to try, enough to make 4 G&Ts plus discounts on full size bottles.
Limited Time Offer: Get your first box for just £9 including delivery, that’s £9 for 4 x G&Ts, use code: GINBLOG5OFF at checkout at ILoveGin.com/join