These are the BEST Gin Cupcakes ever!
I really love the botanicals in Silent Pool Gin. Two of their botanicals in particular sounded perfect in a cupcake recipe. So let me introduce you to these Gin, Elderflower, and Pear Cupcakes! You are welcome!
It may seem a little fiddly to add the chopped pears, but it’s so worth it! Just add a spoonful half way through filling up your cake cases. Once the pear is cooked, it tastes amazing with the elderflower cordial and the Silent Pool Gin in the frosting! You can add the gin to your taste. I used about 30ml but I could have used more! If you do go mad on the gin and you need it thicker, just add a little more icing sugar.
GIn, Pear & Elderflower Cupcakes
- 3 medium free range eggs (whisked)
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g unsalted butter
- 150g self raising flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp good quality elderflower cordial
- 1-2 pears, peeled and finely chopped
- squeeze of lemon juice (to go over the pear)
For the Gin Frosting
- 150g unsalted butter
- 300g icing sugar
- 25-50ml GIN (we recommend Silent Pool in this recipe)
- Edible gold glitter to spray on top!
- Preheat your oven to quite a low temperature, around 140° and prepare a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake cases.
- Cream butter and sugar together and then add the eggs, flour and baking powder. Mix until pale and creamy.
- Add 1 tbsp Elderflower cordial and stir in to the mixture.
- Place a teaspoon of the mix in the bottom of each cupcake case, then add a spoonful of chopped pears. Cover each one with the remaining cake mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or a skewer comes out clean.
- Make the buttercream. Whisk the butter until soft and then slowly add the icing sugar until its creamy and smooth.
- Time to add your gin! Do it a bit at a time and taste as you go! (if you like a lot of gin you may need a little more icing to thicken it up).
- Once your cakes are cooked, cool completely before piping on the buttercream frosting!
- Decorate how you like. We used gold edible glitter which looks fab!
To see how easy it really is, check out the video below!
Want to give the Silent Pool Gin a try? It is in this month’s box!
Then why not join the ILoveGin club where we send you a new box like the ones on the right for just £14/m inc free delivery, you’ll get 2 new gins and 2 tonic/mixers each month to try, enough to make 4 G&Ts plus discounts on full size bottles.
Limited Time Offer: Get your first box for just £9 including delivery, that’s £9 for 4 x G&Ts, use code: GINBLOG5OFF at checkout at ILoveGin.com/join