These Gin Chocolate Cupcakes are AMAZING!
These gin chocolate cupcakes will impress all your friends this Easter! Strictly for grown ups, this is the BEST recipe for gin and chocolate lovers!
These cupcakes vanished very quickly in my house! I used Greensand Ridge Gin in the icing, which worked wonderfully. They use some unusual botanicals such and honey and rosehips, which tasted amazing with chocolate!
Gin Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g unsalted butter
- 150g self raising flour
- 3 medium free range eggs (whisked)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (mixed with a little warm water to make a smooth paste)
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- Splash of milk
For the Gin Frosting
- 150g unsalted butter
- 300g icing sugar
- 25-40ml GIN (we recommend Greensand Ridge Gin in this recipe)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Edible gold glitter to spray on top (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4 and prepare a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake cases.
- Cream butter and sugar together and then add the whisked eggs and flour. Mix until pale and creamy.
- Add cocoa mix and stir until combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and finish with stirring in a splash of milk.
- Spoon the cake batter into the cupcake cases and bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or a skewer comes out clean.
- Make the buttercream icing. Whisk the butter until soft and then slowly add the icing sugar until its creamy and smooth.
- Time to add your gin! Do it a bit at a time and taste as you go! (if you like a lot of gin you may need a little more icing to thicken it up).
- Mix in the 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, until the icing is smooth and chocolatey!
- Once your cakes are cooked, cool completely before piping on the buttercream frosting.
- Decorate how you like. We used gold edible glitter which looks fab!
To see how easy it really is, check out the video below!
Want to give the Greensand Ridge Gin a try? We have two of their range in this month’s box!
Then why not join the ILoveGin club where we send you a new box like the ones below for just £14/m inc free delivery, you’ll get 2 new gins and 2 tonic/mixers each month to try, enough to make 4 G&Ts plus discounts on full size bottles.
Limited Time Offer: Get your first box for just £9 including delivery, that’s £9 for 4 x G&Ts, use code: GINBLOG5OFF at checkout at ILoveGin.com/join