Vegan Gin Cake!
This is essentially a pink grapefruit drizzle cake, but the ginny syrup and grapefruit icing really makes it! 😋 Also the incredible scent of the Sicilian Pink Grapefruit in the Malfy Gin Rosa will make you feel like you are in Italy!
Feel free to use as much or as little gin as you like! You can also use 300g of flour if you don’t have ground almonds. I just love the texture of the almonds!
Vegan Gin Cake Recipe
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 200g Golden Caster Sugar (plus extra for the syrup)
- 1 heaped tsp Baking Powder
- 150ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100ml Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- 1 Pink Grapefruit (juice & zest)
- 5 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 25-50ml Gin (we recommend Malfy Gin Rosa)
- Add the flour, ground almonds (if using), sugar and baking powder to a bowl.
- Add the grapefruit zest and juice. Then the olive oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract (if using).
- Mix well until smooth and pour into a lined baking tin. Bake for 45 minutes at 180 degrees or until a knife comes out clean.
- For the syrup add the other half of the grapefruit juice (saving 2 tsp for the icing) and 5 tbsp of sugar in a saucepan. When it starts to thicken take it off the heat and stir in your gin!
- When the cake is out the oven, poke some holes in it with a cocktail stick.
- Drizzle the ginny syrup over the cake when it’s still in the baking tin.
- For the icing mix the the last 2 tsp of grapefruit juice with 4 tbsp icing sugar and stir until smooth. Drizzle and spread the icing on top of the cooled cake (which is now out of the tin).
- Once it’s set… enjoy!
To check out how easy it really is, check out my video below 🙂
Want to give Malfy Gin Rosa a try? It’s in this month’s box!
Join the ILoveGin club where we send you a new box like the ones below for just £14/m inc free delivery, you’ll get 2 new gins and 2 tonic/mixers each month to try, enough to make 4 G&Ts plus discounts on full size bottles.
Limited Time Offer: Get your first box for just £9 including delivery, that’s £9 for 4 x G&Ts, use code: GINBLOG5OFF at checkout at ILoveGin.com/join