If you are doing Dry January (and not Ginuary), here is a refreshing alternative to keep your juniper-loving tastebuds happy!
We made a juniper and lime syrup, but feel free to add other flavours to your liking too. How about orange peel, cardamon or pink pepper?
This syrup is easy to make and you can store it in the fridge in a sealed container for a good 3 weeks (for the rest of Jan!)
For the Juniper Syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons juniper berries (slightly crushed)
- Lime Peel (we added 3 medium-sized pieces)
- Bring water to a simmer and add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add juniper berries and lime. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- When mixture boils, reduce the heat and simmer until mixture is slightly thickened. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool. Strain syrup to remove botanicals (you made need to fine strain if you have crushed the berries well).
- Transfer to container with a lid (like a jam jar). Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the drink
- 25ml Juniper Syrup
- 200ml Tonic Water (we enjoyed Regency Tonic Blue)
- Lime wedge
Pour syrup over ice in a glass, top with tonic and add a lime wedge (giving it a squeeze first). Enjoy!
To see how easy it is, check out the video below…
Want to give Regency Tonic Blue a try? It’s in this month’s box!
Join the ILoveGin club where we send you a new box like the one below for just £14/m inc free delivery, you’ll get 2 new gins and 2 tonic/mixers each month to try, enough to make 4 G&Ts plus discounts on full size bottles.
Limited Time Offer: Get your first box for just £9 including delivery, that’s £9 for 4 x G&Ts, use code: GINBLOG5OFF at checkout at ILoveGin.com/join