Spicy Tea Party Cocktail
It’s back to school time and the weather may start to feel more autumnal soon, so this cocktail is perfect! A delicious gingery gin cocktail that will spice up any tea party!
I was inspired by a cocktail I used to make at Dolly’s Tea Room & Gin Palace, called the Vicar’s Tea Party. The cocktail is served in quirky teapots and tea cups, which is lovely with a slice of cake!
We thought we would try our variation with Opihr Gin as it adds an extra level of spice due to the botanicals in the gin. The orange and ginger syrup is a lovely addition, however if you fancy more spice why not try including cardamom or even some chilli?
Spicy Tea Party
Orange and Ginger Syrup
- 2 parts water to 1 part granulated sugar.
- Orange peel and ginger (about 1 medium orange and a few slices of root ginger) – Add cardamom or chilli if you fancy it hotter!
- Pour a cup of water to a saucepan and add half a cup of sugar.
- Simmer until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Leave to cool keeping the orange and ginger to steep.
- When cool, sieve, bottle and refrigerate (the syrup should last for a month).
Ingredients for one large cup or two little ones:
50ml Opihr Gin
25ml fresh lemon juice
50ml Orange & Ginger syrup
Black pepper (couple of grinds)
Fill your cocktail shaker to just over half full with ice
Pour all the ingredients into your cocktail shaker
Add black pepper
Shake Shake Shake!
Add a few ice cubes into a teacup (or glass) and garnish with a slice of orange.
Check out how easy it is by watching the video below!
Would you like to try Opihr Gin?
It’s in this month’s box!
You can join the ILoveGin club where we send you a new box like the ones below for just £14/m inc free delivery, you’ll get 2 new craft gins and 2 tonic/mixers each month to try, enough to make 4 G&Ts plus discounts on full size bottles.
Limited Time Offer: Get your first box for just £9 including delivery, that’s £9 for 4 x G&Ts, use code: GINBLOG5OFF at checkout at ILoveGin.com/join