Gin Tarte Tatin
A delicious Tarte Tatin is exactly what you need this cold January…especially when it’s spiked with GIN!
Whilst enjoying a glass of Peaky Blinder Spiced Gin, I really fancied a slice of Tarte Tatin. A couple of hours later, I quickly gave this recipe a try…. and oh-boy did it work! This is a must try and will seriously impress your friends!
Gin Apple Tarte Tatin
1 block of ready-made puff pastry (or you can make yourself of course!)
6 apples peeled, cored and quartered
(I used Braeburn)
Juice of ½ a lemon
100g golden caster sugar
Tsp of ground cinnamon
75g butter – cubed
50ml Gin (Peaky Blinder Spiced Gin works great!)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Roll out your pastry and cut out using a dinner plate as a guide – you need it a little bigger than the frying pan.
- Peel, core and quarter your apples. Squeeze over the lemon juice to stop them from browning and pop them in the fridge until required.
- Use a non-stick oven proof frying pan and add the sugar and let gently dissolve over a low to medium heat. Do not stir the pan but just shake the pan until dissolved.
- Heat until it becomes golden. When it starts to look like caramel, add the butter and cinnamon.
- When the caramel is bubbling add the gin and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Arrange the apple quarters in the bottom of the pan and cook for around 10 minutes over a low heat.
- Carefully top with your puff pastry and tuck the edges in – Use a spoon to be safe as the caramel is very hot! Prick with a small sharp knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before using a tray/board to carefully turn the tart out! (watch my video below to see how I did it!)
Want to give Peaky Blinder Spiced Gin a try? It’s in this month’s box!
Join the ILoveGin club where we send you a new box like the one below for just £14/m inc free delivery, you’ll get 2 new gins and 2 tonic/mixers each month to try, enough to make 4 G&Ts plus discounts on full size bottles.
Limited Time Offer: Get your first box for just £9 including delivery, that’s £9 for 4 x G&Ts, use code: GINBLOG5OFF at checkout at ILoveGin.com/join